Saint Nicholas
Serbian Orthodox Church
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
History

A group of faithful pioneers met in the home of Mr. Theodore Uzelac on Watkins Avenue in Wilmerding in the fall of 1904. After agreeing upon adopting St. Nicholas as their Patron Saint, a wooden frame building was purchased from a Protestant group, adapted to the needs of the congregation, and on April 17, 1905, the first Divine Liturgy was celebrated.


The church was consecrated on May 22, 1905 by Holy Archbishop Tikhon of New York (Russian Orthodox Church). A two story auditorium was built in 1948 with Holy Bishop Nikolaj of Zhicha officiating the blessing of the corner stone. In the 1950's the upper auditorium was converted in the house of worship and the original church was used for classrooms. Thus the parish was twice blessed by Holy men: St. Tikhon and St. Nikolaj. The present church, church hall and the parish house were built in 1971. In 2005 the parish celebrated its 100th anniversary.

 

Our Parish Priest

Very Reverend Father George Veselinovic

dj.veselinovic@yahoo.com

St. Nicholas Parish Church Board

Please click on the link for more about our Parish Church Board.

Contact Us

Mailing Address

 

St. Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church
2110 Haymaker Road
Monroeville, Pa 15146

Email / Phone

stnicholasmonroeville@gmail.com

412-856-8166 (office)